Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New Furniture from IKEA

I have been so excited about IKEA and we have actually been twice since Avery's arrival. He did great both times. The first time we were 100% overwhelmed and disappointed to find out that the piece we picked out for Avery's room wouldn't fit in the car. We didn't let that stop us from spending money. We bought some shelves for Avery's room that were dirt cheap and perfect! I think they were $3.99 and the brackets were .49. They had several colors. I love the way they looked installed. Greggie did a great job!

I was still sad that we coudln't get the shelf we wanted, so we planned better the second time around. We were IKEA experts. We ate .50 hot dogs, .99 cinnamon rolls, and we had the official yummy berry drink of Sweden (I might be exaggerating a bit on that point, but it was really, really good).

Since we had a clearer plan this trip we came away with Avery's shelf, which, I am very proud to say, I assembled 100% by myself. The instructions were interesting, because there were NO words, but that actually made them easier. I only made one mistake and you can't see it, so I am not going to tell you where it is. Didn't it turn out nicely? It is just what we wanted. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment