Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Avery Loves Me

Let me start out by saying that I love, love, love Avery's school. I love the teachers, the facility, the location, the reputation, and most of all I love that the teacher's love Avery. They swoon over that boy. I don't think his little butt touches the floor all day. Someone always has him in their arms. He doesn't even blink an eye when I leave him there. Their love for Avery is mutual. He is crazy over them. He does have his favorites, but I won't tell who!

Today I went to visit him at lunch. It is such an incredible way to recharge my batteries. Nothing washes away a big old cup of work sucks like a lap full of cute babies and their are no shortage of cute babies in his class.

Today was different. Avery was very clingy and when I got ready to leave he cried. It killed me. I think my visits in the afternoon might have to end. At least I won't be able to let him see me. I won't stop visiting. I like to take the sweet ladies frozen custard and popcorn so they love Avery even more. You can get to a woman's heart with sugar you know!

It is the first time Avery ever cried for me. It made me so sad, but at least 10% of me was happy to know he did want his mommy. I was beginning to wonder! I was so tore up I couldn't eat my lunch. If you've seen me lately you know that must have been some serious tore up. This big girl doesn't miss many meals (or snacks!).

When I got home Avery's Halloween costume had arrived in the mail. This is the official trick-or-treat outfit. The school costume is still missing one piece. Pictures coming very soon! I promise! He was asleep when I realized it was here. I can't wait to try it on him.

Being a Mom rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment