Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good Grief, Good Will

So, I am a big fan of Goodwill.  I have gotten some incredible deals in there, and I feel like it furthers my recycling cause.  It's pretty important to me to make a real effort to reduce, reuse, and recycle.  I can't think of a better place to do that than Goodwill.  
Check out today's finds:
This little piece was $7.  I was thrilled.  The three pieces of mail, the balls, the shapes, and the key were missing, but everything else worked.  This is $80 retail.  It looked really good.  No faded stickers and nothing broken!  This one is going in the basement until Christmas.  Does that make me a cheap, terrible mother?

I am a fan of Miss Olivia and all children's books are 50 cents.  Yep, all of them.  Not a ripped or colored on page.  Not even a kids name written on the cover.  That Olivia is so silly!  Her band was quite fun to read about.  I imagine we will have quite a few "band days" at our house!

I even found a little something for good old Mom.  Mine isn't in this print, but it was in perfect shape.  Fossil purses are not cheap.  Well, unless you buy them at Goodwill for $3.  There wasn't even a speck of lint inside this thing.  I've said it before and I will say it again, some people have more money than they have sense.
Get it all at Goodwill.  Just don't go to the one on University Parkway during the week.  Me and K-Woo have a monopoly on it.  The other night it was featured on WXII and the next day you couldn't stir the fruit loops with a stick.  I didn't find a single thing.  Today was a much better Thrifty Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky girl!! I can't wait till the new one opens up on my side of town!

    ReplyDelete